Sunday, February 19, 2006

APB News! "Something To Believe In" for Sure!

Last week I was ranting and raving again about how my APB "Something To Believe In" CD (which was "printed" in 1985) has been worse for wear these past couple of years. It had scuffs on it that, at first, started to make the sound of the first four tracks fuzzy, then eliminated them altogether. I had it buffed at a music store, but all it did was bring back the first two tracks (Shoot You Down and Talk To Me) in their fuzzy state.

As it is one of my most prized possessions, I have been all torn up about it, and those who were listening when I first bemoaned its demise a year ago heard me talk about how in looking to replace it, I found it was going for upwards of $100! Who buys a CD for $100?! Needless to say, I was gutted! If you look for it now, you'll find that a "slightly scuffed" copy goes for nearly $100, and a "new" one goes for nearly $250! Outrageous!

So, imagine my delight at learning via an old WDRE/WLIR DiscJockey (Love to you, DJ Bird!) that Young American Recordings is reissuing my beloved "Something To Believe In" in an expanded two-disc version (Feb 21, 2006), PLUS a Live At The BBC recording (March 14, 2006) as well! Not only that, the band has been in the studio and are looking to release some brand new music soon!

As of this moment I've just ordered my new copy of "Something To Believe In" from Young American Recordings, and I simply cannot wait for its arrival so I can again share with you my love of scottish funk band APB on-air! I just wonder if the price gouging will continue once the new reissue is out.

~Sunshine

PS - Look! They even did a gig with Soul legend James Brown!



No comments: