Sunday, February 19, 2006

Playlist Feb 11, 2006 (unValentine's Show) + Moving Units Interview

It's sort of become a tradition that I do a Valentine's show with a healthy dose of cynicism. In some ways this show was successful, and in some ways it failed. Then... there were all the requests I received for cheesy-upbeat singles that I honored. I suppose it became whatever it was, you know? My only hope (each time I do the show, in fact) is that those who listened in had fun doing so.

In other news:
Last night's Nine Inch Nails show was nothing short of phenomenal! I unfortunately missed Moving Units' opening set, because as always, flippin' Kansas City fails to mention if the time posted on the ticket is the door time or the show time, and Moving Units mustn't have played more than a 20 minute set. Sometimes there are things that this city truly needs to work on, I swear. "Disappointed" doesn't scratch the surface. I am way beyond upset.

Here was last week's playlist:
Track - Artist - Album (if new)
Inject Me - Pop Will Eat Itself
Phantom Bride - Erasure
Love Action (I believe in love) - The Human League
Fashion - David Bowie
Standing In The Way of Control - The Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control
Cold Enough to Snow - The Grabs
Eighties - Killing Joke (R)
Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
First Base - The Capes - Hello
Apollo 9 - Adam & The Ants
Sheila Take A Bow - The Smiths (R)
Poison Arrow - ABC
I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend - Ramones (R)
Analogue (All I Know) - A-Ha - Analogue
Head Over Heels - Tears For Fears (R)

Moving Units Interview segment
Going For Adds
--Interview--
Anyone

Love You More - The Buzzcocks
I Beg Your Pardon (12" mix) - Kon Kan
Saturdays - Cut Copy
Sex & Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll - Ian Dury & The Blockheads (R)
International Dateline - Ladytron - Witching Hour
Waiting Room - Fugazi
Out of Control - She Wants Revenge - s/t
Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush (R)
A Message - Coldplay
Work For Love - Ministry
Together Alone - Mount Sims
Let Me Go - Heaven 17 (R)
The Sound of Single Girls - Three Alarm Fire
West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys (R)
Too Much Love - LCD Soundsystem
I Like You (live) - Morrissey
Shoot You Down - APB
Overflow - Conner - Hello Graphic Missile*
Just Let Go - Pepe Deluxe (R)
Don't Change - INXS
Electric Barbarella - Duran Duran

(R) = Requests
(s/t) = Self-titled
* - Conner are a local band out of Lawrence, KS (connermusic.com)

No comments: