Friday, October 22, 2004

Update & New Music

I'm nearly caught up! I just finished putting up Playlists for April and May, and I just have January, February and March left to type up at this point!

In other news here's some new music I've been getting down to of late:

Artist - "Album" - (website)
Isidore - "Isidore" (soundisidore.com)
Musical collaboration between Steve Kilbey (deep-voiced lead singer of The Church) and Jeffrey Cain (Remy Zero). Lots of beautiful, dark, emotional tracks. Lovin' it.

Piney Gir - "Peakahokahoo" (pineygir.com)
Excellent synthpop music from a London chick keytar player with "Kansas City ties." Love it! Especially the way track 2 "Que Cera Cera" runs into "Girl." The first track, "Boston," starts off with a very Missing Persons type of sound, then the vocals come in like another female vocalist whose name is escaping me just now. Trust me, it's cool as hell.

Not sure if I've put this into one of my Music Rec posts, so here it is:
VHS or Beta - "Night On Fire" (vhsorbeta.com)
Love this album! I agree with what has been said about them drawing on influences from The Cure and Duran Duran, among others.

That's all for now...

~{Sunshine

2 comments:

jdoublep said...

still have yet to pick up that vhs or beta. someday soon...

now i gotta check out piney gir too!

Sunshine said...

Jdoublep,
at least Piney Gir has lots of audio on her/their site. ;)

~{S.