Sunday, July 30, 2006

Playlist July 29, 2006

Greetings fair listeners,
I had planned to have the first part of (if not the whole) tonight's show reflect the dark mood I was in. Although the first hour did indeed start off on a melancholy note, my mood cleared after a little sonic therapy. Did you feel the dark cloud of melancholy lift?

Seriously, though, music plays such an important part in my life. To imagine a world without it is to envision my version of the fiery pits of the underworld. I truly believe it is that important. I would go so far as to say it's my religion, except I'm a listener and collector, not a gear-head or someone who gets into every single minutia about producers and mixers and synth programmers of every band/artist I get into.

I know people who freely admit that they don't care that much for music. Don't. Care. For. Music. This concept is alien to me. My own grandmother is one of said people. She tried to listen to my show once, and said she enjoyed it, but "who picks the music? It's horrible." Which I can understand, being that she's approaching 90 years of age. I am sure Punk Rock is a torturous sound for her, to say nothing of Electro-Clash.

Here's tonight's list:
Track - Artist - Album (if new)
Warm Leatherette - The Normal
Phone Call - The Faint
Whispering Streets - Barry Adamson
Red Flags & Long Nights - She Wants Revenge
Rose Garden Funeral of Sores - Bauhaus
Useless - Depeche Mode
Msr. Control - Roman Numerals (R)
You May Emerge From This More Dead Than Alive - Hammock
Start Again - Ian McCulloch
Untoward - The Church - Uninvited Like The Clouds
Textbook - We Are Scientists
Make Up - Elefant
Antique High Heel Red Doll Shoes - Rasputina
Diamond Dogs - David Bowie (R)
Avalon (live) - Roxy Music
Candy - Iggy Pop & Kate Pearson (R)

Obligatory Gary Numan Double Scoop
Praying to The Aliens - Gary Numan & Tubeway Army (R)
Fold - Gary Numan - Jagged

Iki Masala - Nina Hagen
Gravity - Dresden Dolls
Transmission - Japan
Go Wild In The Country - Bow Wow Wow
Sugar Hiccup - The Cocteau Twins
Girls on Film (original ver.) - Andy Wickett
These Days - Nico
Golden Energy - Devo
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others - The Smiths

Accidental Duo
Modern Art - Art Brut - Bang Bang Rock & Roll
Good Weekend - " - "

Gone Daddy Gone - Violent Femmes (R)
Always Wrong - John Taylor
Fish Below The Ice - Schriekback
10:15 Saturday Night - The Cure (R)
Miniskirt Blues - The Cramps (R)
Eighties - Killing Joke
Khundalini Express - Love 'n' Rockets
Pulling Mussels - Squeeze
Brand New Cadillac - The Clash (R)
Valley Girl - Frank & Moon Unit Zappa

(R) = Requests

No comments: