Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Playlist Feb. 12, 2005 (Un-Valentine's Day)

Okay, for this week's show I mixed up the sappy with the melancholy as per my usual M.O. If I played songs that have recently been played, I apologize, because I accidentally left some prior playlists at home. :/

OH, and I recently discovered that Piney Gir's Peakahokahoo is slated for release in the US on March 1st! You can pre-order it at your choice of internet music stores. (Do a search.) In other news, I've heard that They Might Be Giants are releasing a new kids' album called "ABCs" or something like that. They're also doing some video to go with it. Duran Duran's North American tour has just begun, and I have my ticket for the closest show I could get to. U2 have cancelled their tour due to some unsavory goings on with their presales to members of their fan community, and Larry Mullen, Jr. can't seem to apologize enough. He posted an open letter on their website, and if you caught the Grammys, he even took the opportunity to apologize there.

Anyway, here's what the list looked like:
Track - Artist - Album (if new)
Men In Belted Sweaters - Mink Lungs (R)
Take Me I'm Yours - Squeeze
Still In Love Song - The Stills (R)
Regrets (vocal remix) - The Eurythmics **
It's A Mistake - Men At Work
Cry So Easy - Erasure
Denis Denis - Blondie
Love On A Farmboy's Wages - XTC
Hard Day - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark (R)
K-I-S-S-I-N-G - Piney Gir (Peakahokahoo -March 1st!)
Sell My Soul - Midnight Oil
I'll Kiss You - Cyndi Lauper
Tears Are Not Enough - ABC
Pretty Girls Make Graves - The Smiths
This Time - INXS
Promise - Violent Femmes
Hang Onto Yourself - David Bowie (R)
This Is Not A Love Song - Public Image Ltd.
Another Man's Rhubarb - Pop Will Eat Itself
Mechanical Man - Devo
No Myth - Michael Penn
Eurasian Eyes - Corey Hart (Why!? Cheese Factor= through the roof)
Car Trouble - Adam & The Ants
Johnny & Mary - Robert Plant
One More Time - Joe Jackson
Bed's Too Big Without You - The Police
Love Is Blindness - U2
Love Less - New Order
Always Wrong - John Taylor
Here I Stand & Face The Rain - A-Ha (D)
Losing My Edge - LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
Pale Shelter - Tears For Fears
Love Action - The Human League
Love Cats - The Cure
Slave To Love - Bryan Ferry (R)
I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend - Ramones
Sexy Boy - Air (R)
Trigger Hippie - Morcheeba
Sapphire Bullets of Pure Love - They Might Be Giants
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division (R)
Be My Icon - Duran Duran
Master & Servant - Depeche Mode
Down In It - Nine Inch Nails

(R) = Request
(D) = Dedication
** - For those who asked about the "Regrets" remix by The Eurythmics, it's available on their Touch Dance-Remixes album. (Just as I said to the callers who asked.)

No comments: