Monday, June 06, 2005

Playlist June 4, 2005 (Birthday Show)

In case you were wondering, my birthday (June 5) was fabulous! There was chocolate, nicely spiced food and a romantic walk in the park. All the trappings of a perfect day (cheesy Velvet Underground ref. not intended). Many thanks to the listeners who phoned in birthday wishes! In a way, I sort of felt like an attention whore, but I always figure that if I wait until the very last minute to tell people (especially acquaintances), they don't feel obligated to give me things or make grand gestures, etc. Is that bad of me? Probably.
Regardless, here's this week's list:
Track - Artist - Album (if new)
Autobahn (live in Berlin) - Kraftwerk - Minimum-Maximum
Happy Birthday - Altered Images
We're The Pet Shop Boys - My Robot Friend (R)
Dominion Day - Gary Numan (R)
The Hand That Feeds - Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
Roses - zZz - The Sound of zZz
Just Let Go - Fischerspooner - Odyssey
But Not Tonight (ext. mix) - Depeche Mode (R)
To The Stars - Erin McKeown - We Will Become Like Birds
Kiss Off (Acoustic) - Violent Femmes - Viva Wisconsin
Make Up - Elefant
Girl U Want - Devo
It Could Be Sunshine - Love 'n' Rockets (R)
Astronaut - Luna
We Love You - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
We Love You (12") (Rolling Stones cover) - S.U.N.
Unhappy Birthday - The Smiths (R)
Come Alive - The Devils
Party Out of Bounds - The B-52s
Birthday - The Sugar Cubes
Slippery People (live) - Talking Heads
The Sound of Single Girls - Three Alarm Fire
Lost in the Supermarket - The Clash
Daft Punk is Playing at My House - LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
Celebrate - Real Life
Little Girl Blue (Postal Service mix) - Nina Simone - Verve Remixed:3
Don't Need A Gun - Billy Idol
Standing There - The Creatures
Black Cherry - Goldfrapp
Client - Client
Tape Loop - Morcheeba
I Was Born Without You - Tracy Bonham - Blink The Brightest
It's Not My Birthday - They Might Be Giants
Cold As Stone - A-Ha
The Days of Swine & Roses - My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
Just Let Go - Pepe Deluxe (R)

Random Duo
Planet Earth (live) - Duran Duran
Nice - Duran Duran - Astronaut

Charlotte Sometimes - The Cure

(R) = Requests

No comments: