Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Playlist Dec. 11, 2004 (Interview: Piney Gir)

This weekend was fabulous! On Friday, I was lucky to catch Swayzak and VHS or BETA, all very nice guys. I managed to chit chat with 3/4 of VHS or BETA and David "Brun" Brown of Swayzak, but I'm not sure I'll be able to clean up the sound on the tape enough to air them on the show. I certainly hope so, because I like to share. :) Both bands tore it up at The Bottleneck, and I danced my booty off. VHS or BETA didn't take the stage until midnight, and, being the last act to play that night, much of the crowd had dispersed, which was disappointing. Shame on you folks for missing a kick ass set!

In the spirit of the holidays, I did a lot of giveaways this past weekend, and therefore, I'm a little unsure if I missed writing down a song or two on this list. Hopefully you'll forgive me. ;D It's my hope that my packages will be sent out before the week is out. Congrats to all the R2E2 Rock Trivia winners!

Also, many thanks to Piney Gir for the opportunity to interview her, and to Jason Harper of The Pitch for the blurb in this week's paper.

PS - The Guest DJ that was supposed to have a set on the 18th has cancelled and will reschedule. So you're stuck with me this coming weekend. It's going to be a Winter holiday themed show, so send me your holiday song requests within reason.

Here's the list:
Track - Artist - Album (if new)
Blasphemous Rumors - Depeche Mode (R)
She's In Parties - Bauhaus
Burning Too - Fugazi
Three Sisters - INXS
Musclebound - Spandau Ballet
Young Parisians - Adam & The Ants
Misguided - Styrofoam - Nothing's Lost
The Saint Theme - Orbital
Never Destroy Us - The Dears - No Cities Left
2nd Floor - The Creatures (R)
You Got Me - VHS or Beta - Night On Fire
Ceremony - New Order
I Am Over It - The Dandy Warhols

Piney Gir Set & Interview
Janet Schmanet (from Peakahokahoo)
Interview w/ Piney Gir
Que Sera Sera/Girl (from Peakahokahoo)

The Sound of Single Girls - Three Alarm Fire
Slow Down - Morcheeba
I Am Not Your Gameboy - Freezepop
I'm Always Touched by Your Presence, Dear - Blondie
24 Hours - Joy Division
Chains - Duran Duran - Astronaut
All Your Life w/ Me - APB
Save A Prayer - Duran Duran (R)
Promises Promises - Naked Eyes
Missionary Man - The Eurythmics
Musidora - Isidore - Isidore
Delicious Demon - The Sugarcubes
Spanish Bombs - The Clash
All Stood Still - Ultravox
Sky Window - The Go Find - Morr Music Sampler
That Smiling Face - Camouflage
Witness - Cyndi Lauper
Lorelei - The Cocteau Twins
Jumping Someone Else's Train - The Cure (R)

(R) = Requests

No comments: