Sunday, December 10, 2006

Playlist Dec. 10, 2006 (Best of 2006)

Of course once I got home, I thought of another band whose album came out this year that I've been listening to from end to end for about a month now, and that's Favourite Sons' album "Down Beside Your Beauty." The vocals to me sound like what the lovechild of Robert Smith and Lou Reed would sound like. Definitely worth checking out. You can hear some of it on their myspace page here. The following is the playlist for tonight. You'll notice that a large portion of it is my "best of 2006" list. I will put an asterisk (*) next to albums that I have heard in their entirety and like as a whole. This doesn't mean that the others without asterisks suck, it just means I haven't had time to listen to the whole album/ep. Please also note that this list is not ranked at all, and that 27 albums and eps are represented.

Track - Artist - Album (if new)
Stakeout - Freezepop
Weekend - Ladytron
Spring Fever - Digitata

Best of 2006
All Sparks - Editors - The Back Room (*)
One Man Wrecking Machine - Guster - Ganging Up on The Sun(*)
Tightly Wound - The Capes - Hello (*)
Enough For You & Me - Conner - Hello Graphic Missile (*)
On The Radio - Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope
Broken Aeroplanes - Richard Butler - s/t (*)
Cup at My Krater - The Lost Patrol - Lonesome Sky
Fold - Gary Numan - Jagged (*)
Steamworks - The Presets - Beams (*)
Time Stands Still - Cut Copy - Bright Like Neon Love (*)
Life Is A Pigsty - Morrissey - Ringleader of the Tormentors
Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am... (*)
Space Needle - The Church - Uninvited Like the Clouds (*)
The Glow - The Prids - Until The World Is Beautiful (*)
Please Don't Leave - Fade13 - s/t EP
Modern Art - Art Brut - Bang Bang Rock 'n' Roll (*)
For Your Entertainment - Charlatans UK - Simpatico
Days are #'d - Bang! Bang! - Decked Out
Keep It Amazed - French Kicks - Two Thousand (*)
This Scene Is Dead - We Are Scientists - With Love & Squalor (*)
Don't Panic (The Way It Is) - Hisato and the 1907s - s/t EP
Can We Trust Your Architect? - Roman Numerals - s/t (*)
I Don't Want To Fall In Love - She Wants Revenge (*)
Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle - Be Your Own Pet - s/t
Nothing Gold - Faux Fox - Endless Pursuit EP
Sons of the Burgess Shale - Bell Hollow - Sons of the Burgess Shale EP (*)
Pyrite Pedestal - Pretty Girls Make Graves - Elan Vital
-- End Best of '06 --

Ceremony (c. Joy Division) - Xiu Xiu
Why Can't I Be You? - The Cure (R)
Many Worlds Are Born Tonight - Happy Rhodes
Mais Je Vous Aime - Suki Tawdry
Einstein, Albert - Artichoke
Dancing w/ Joey Ramone - Amy Rigby
Have You Seen My Boy? - Hello Goodbye
Snowblind - Swayzak


(*) = albums I've heard in their entirety and loved them as a whole
(R) = Requests

No comments: