Sunday, May 07, 2006

Playlist May 6, 2006 (Depeche Mode Special)

I cannot tell you how much I adore this band! I have never done as extensive a tribute to my other favorite band, Duran Duran. Perhaps someday, huh? I think you may all be burnt out on Depeche after this, so I will probably give it a rest for a few weeks. I did something I don't often do in announcing all the album titles that the Depeche Mode songs were from, so I'm typing them up on the playlist as well. Unfortunately, in doing all that talking, I didn't fit nearly as much music in as I would have liked.

Here's tonight's playlist:

Track - Artist - Album
It Doesn't Matter - Depeche Mode (DM) - Some Great Reward (SGR) (1984)
Das Lied Vom Einsamen Mädchen - Martin L. Gore (of DM) - Counterfeit 2 (2003)
True Faith (c. New Order) - Flunk
Mrs. O - Dresden Dolls - Yes, Virginia
Strangelove - DM - Music For The Masses (MFTM) (1987)
A Pain That I'm Used To - DM - Playing The Angel (PTA) (2005)
Are "Friends" Electric (live) - Gary Numan (R)
Motherless Child - Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit EP (1989)
Everything Counts - DM - Construction Time Again (1983)
Easy Tiger - DM - Exciter (2001) (R)
Please Don't Leave Me - Fade 13 - s/t EP
Last Monkey - Richard Butler - s/t
Nobody's Diary - Yazoo (DM offshoot)
Fly On The Windscreen - DM - Black Celebration (BC) (1986)
Clean (acoustic) - DM - PTA Dual Disc (2005)
Photographic - DM - Speak & Spell (S&S) (1981)
So Many Broken Hearts - APB
She's In Parties - Bauhaus
Things You Said - DM - MFTM (1987)
Something In My House - Dead or Alive
Leave Me To Bleed - Erasure (DM off-shoot)
Nemesis - Shriekback (R)
Black & Blue Again - Dave Gahan (of DM) - Paper Monsters (2003)
I Want It All - DM - PTA (2005)
Dream On - DM - Exciter (2001)
Sea of Sin (Tonal Mix) - DM - b-side to "World In My Eyes" (from Violator (1990))
Puppets - DM - S&S (1981)
Who Needs Love Like That - Erasure
(Set Me Free) Remotivate Me - DM - b-side to Master & Servant (from SGR (1984))
Any Second Now (Voices) - DM - S&S (1981)
Halo - DM - Violator (1990)
Leave In Silence - DM - A Broken Frame (ABF) (1982)
World In My Eyes - DM - Violator (1990) (R)
My Secret Garden - DM - ABF (1982)
Behind The Wheel (Shep Pettibone Remix) - DM - original is from MFTM (1987)

(R) = Requests

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can I have the words to "Das Lied vom einsamen Maedchen"?
Evelyn Case

Sunshine said...

The words aren't published in the liner notes to Martin Gore's "Counterfeit 2" CD, because he didn't write any of the songs performed on it.

I did find the lyrics to "Das Lied Vom Einsamen Mädchen" online, though. Apparently the song was performed by Nico, and was written by Werner Heymann and Robert Gilbert.

Sie herzte sanft ihr Spielzeug
Bevor sie es zerbrach
Und hatte eine Sehnsucht
Und wußte nicht wonach

Weil sie einsam war
Und so blond ihr Haar
Und ihr Mund so rot wie Wein
Und wer von diesem Wein trank
Konnt' nie mehr glücklich sein

Doch einer sprach im Frühling:
"Auch Du fühlst Lust und Schmerz"
Und brach ihr tausend Rosen
Doch sie brach nur sein Herz

Weil sie einsam war
Und so blond ihr Haar
Und ihr Mund so rot wie Wein
Ja, keine konnt' so küssen
Und doch so einsam sein

Was blieb von ihrem Leben
Ein Lied, das niemand sang
Sankt Peter ließ sie warten
Zwei Ewigkeiten lang

Weil sie einsam war
Und so blond ihr Haar
Und ihr Herz so tot wie Stein
Dann rief er: "Armes Kind, komm,
Sollst nie mehr einsam sein"

glezpik said...

Hi, I'm a want to share this with you. It's my personal remixed version of Playing the angel:

http://www.depechemode.com.mx/glezpik/Mixing_The_Angel/

This Bootleg is famous around the globe, even you can find it on eBay :). But here is for free.

Please send me your opinions: http://glezpik.blogspot.com