Sunday, August 07, 2005

Playlist August 6, 2005 (Interview Nick Rhodes)

Tonight I broadcast an interview I recorded with Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran on Thursday afternoon, July 21, 2005, just before they played the Midland Theatre here in KC (July 23rd). As I've said in a previous post, it will be re-broadcast Wed. night/Thursday morning (Aug. 11th) on Chux Mix, which airs from 1am to 5am.

I have to admit that leading up to the interview with the classic Duran Duran song "Careless Memories" finally made me realize how real the interview had been, and what it meant to me to get the opportunity to do it. It's indescribable, that feeling. :)
I hope it made for interesting listening, and I hope you got some laughs from it as well. I know I did. :D Unfortunately, (sort of), I got lots of calls afterwards, and had a hard time keeping the show sounding smooth (at least from my standpoint). I also may have missed writing down some of the songs I played, but I'm typing up what I have on paper. Also, I broke some of my rules this weekend... but I'm sure you can relate. We all have off nights.


Here's the playlist:
Track - Artist - Album (if new)
In My Room - Yaz
Heart's A Lonely Hunter - Thievery Corporation (feat. David Byrne)
Darts of Pleasure - Franz Ferdinand
Scary Monsters - David Bowie
Side 2 - Dressy Bessy - Electrified
2:03 - John Taylor (Duran Duran)
Tacoland - The Dead Milkmen
Red Skies - The Fixx
Mothers Talk - Tears For Fears
Until Death (Us Do Part) - Front 242 (R)
Chrome - VNV Nation - Matter + Form (R)
Make Me Yours - Halovox (R)
The Great Commandment - Camouflage (to compare to Halovox song)

Duran Duran/Nick Rhodes Interview Segment
Careless Memories (self-titled album,1981)
Want You More (Astronaut, 2004)
--Interview w/ Nick Rhodes--
One of Those Days (Astronaut, 2004)
Rebel Rebel (live Bowie cover, c. 1992)
Planet Earth (live) (Arena, 1984)
Signals In Smoke - The Devils (Nick Rhodes/Stephen "Tin-Tin" Duffy)

Movement - LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
Rainy Day - APB
Que Cera Cera/Girl - Piney Gir
Speakeasy - Swayzak
The Loving Sounds of Static - Mobius Band - The Loving Sounds of Static
Sleep By Windows - Gary Numan
Question of Lust - Depeche Mode
The Dead of Night - Depeche Mode (R)
Penthouse & Pavement - Heaven 17
Confusion - New Order
Divine Intervention - Matthew Sweet
What is Love? - Howard Jones
Rockit - Herbie Hancock
Public Image - Public Image Ltd (R)
Nobody's Diary - Yaz
Take Me To The River - Talking Heads

(R) = Requests

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

UGH! I hate friggin' spam! It's gettng so you can't leave anything open for comments anymore.