Monday, December 06, 2004

Playlist Dec. 4, 2004 (Top 20 of 2004)

In case you couldn't tune in, I did a countdown of my top 20 albums of 2004. Yes, it was cheesy, and it was my first time doing a countdown show format. Thankfully, I think everyone hung in there with me as I didn't hear much backlash for being a little off-kilter with it at all. At first I attempted to do two songs from each album, because these were all albums that had multiple good songs on them. However, we didn't have all night, so I had to get it in check pretty quickly and just do one from each album. Also, I started the show mixing retro in with the countdown. Silly me.

On another angle, I wasn't as caffeinated as I should have been, because apparently I said this countdown was from 2000 a couple of times. It wasn't! This list is comprised of all albums released in 2004, swearsies!

Countdown #) - Track - Artist - Album
20) Androgyne - Faux Fox - Black Glove or White Glove EP
Take Mine - The Creatures
Warm Leatherette - The Normal
-- Smart Set - Faux Fox - "
Fade To Grey - Visage
Let's Never Go To Sleep - Action Action
19) Future Sightings - I Am The World Trade Center - The Cover-up
18) Evacuation - The Somnambulants - Evacuation
Hounds of Love - The Futureheads - The Futureheads
-- Going Underground (Jam cover) - I Am The World Trade Center - "
-- Things Will Happen - The Somnambulants - "
17) Speakeasy - Swayzak - Loops from the Bergerie
-- Snowblind - " - "
(Switched to all countdown and one song/album)

16) Make Me Yours - Halovox - Halovox
15) Open Hands - The Orphans - 5:30AM on a Rainy Day
14) Stakeout - Freezepop - Fancy Ultra Fresh
13) Am I Awake - They Might Be Giants - Indestructible Objects EP
12) Anarchy In The UK - Dealership - Action/Adventure
11) Sleep Over It - Controller.Controller - History
10) I Know What Women Want - My Robot Friend - Hot Action!
9) Painless - Real Life - Imperfection
8) Desperate Guys - The Faint - Wet From Birth
7) Submission - Moving Units - Dangerous Dreams
6) Girl Anachronism - The Dresden Dolls - The Dresden Dolls
5) Malibu Love Nest - Luna - Rendezvous
4) You Got Me - VHS or BETA - Night on Fire
3) Still Breathing - Duran Duran - Astronaut
2) K-I-S-S-I-N-G - Piney Gir - Peakahokahoo
1) Following Waves - French Kicks - The Trial of the Century

I Disappear - The Faint - Wet From Birth (R)
Pulled Up - Talking Heads
Bedroom Toys - Duran Duran (R)
Common People - William Shatner - Has Been
Galbi - Ofra Haza
Two Tribes - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Electricity - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
Question of Time - Depeche Mode
November Spawned a Monster - Morrissey

As per usual, (R) = Request
(-- = 2nd track from album on countdown)

No comments: